Friday 29 March 2013

KINDLING

No, not firewood (though this weather certainly makes it the first thing that comes to mind),but the action of putting your work on Kindle.
For many indie writers, or those with a backlist, there's no doubt the ease with which you can make your novel, short story or anything else you've written available to a wide readership has transformed the publishing world. Good gracious -I've even heard some writers are actually making money!
So, no more sending off your work to one publisher after another, waiting (and waiting) for a response : the call to say they want to sign you up...or the thud of the manuscript on the doormat. Not quite.
For many writers being published by an established company is the reassurance they need that their work is worthwhile. Others find the speed of the various e-formats suits them better.
Truth is, there's room for both versions and in this uncertain and rapidly changing world who is going to be brave enough to predict what might be the options ten years from now?
In the meantime, I've uploaded my latest book to Kindle!

9 comments:

  1. You're right, Myra. I've found that turning my own books into ebooks has made a huge difference to the readership. Still not enough for tax exile but reassuring to know that they're being read. Good luck with the new book. I'll be getting it for my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not been brave enough to strike out on my own yet, just one story in an antho... congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting that next book on kindle, Myra! Well worth the wait for your growing band of loyal readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Myra - LOVE the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really eye catching cover, Myra, and well done on putting another of your books on Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time will tell if my techie skills are up to all of this,but I suppose practice makes perfect ..eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..and a big thank you for all the support,here and on the other virtual sites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Myra. The novel deserves to be made available to a wider readership. Brilliant cover!

    ReplyDelete