Saturday 12 November 2011

Where is the time going?

Almost half way through the NaNoWriMo and at just over 17000 words. I now have this  terrible need to keep going in order to make the target, but life is crowding in!
Most of what's happening is pleasant (except for the trip to the dentist) including a great night on Tuesday at the Erskine Writers' dinner, of which I have the privilege currently of being President. Joan Fleming took some great photos of the prize giving event and Rosemary Gemmell has written about the evening in more detail on the Erskine Writers' blog.


This year was very productive  for me and I won the Quaich for the children's story, the Betty Munnoch award for poetry (and my other poem was second) plus I came second in the Article competition.
This yearly dinner and prize giving is one of the highlights of our year: good company and good chat!

We meet on Tuesday afternoons but postal members are very welcome.More details can be found on our website www.erskinewriters.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment